We adhere to strict OSHA and CDC Guidelines to deliver patient care. We care for the safety and well-being of our Patients and our Team.
Our commitment to our patients is second to none. We are confident that these additional guidelines will help create a safe environment for our patients and team members. We hope that you can feel secure in the knowledge that we are doing everything in our power to provide the safest clinical conditions in order to protect our patients, our team, and our families.
We have always followed hospital grade Disinfection, Sterilization and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). However, because of the recent pandemic of COVID19 we have put additional protocols to provide safety for our team and patients.
Our COVID19 Protocol consists of Six Different Aspects
In addition to OSHA guidelines for cleaning of operatory/lab/sterilization areas and the standard janitorial cleaning protocols, the Practice has implemented an enhanced cleaning frequency to clean and disinfect common areas and commonly touched surfaces. Touch points such as doorknobs, light switches, tables/chairs/countertops, pens, front office equipment, cabinet drawer handles, back office commonly used tools/equipment, and restroom doorknobs/handles are being cleaned 4-5 times daily.
- We call or email all patients to screen for any Covid19 related symptoms. Patients are also asked to reschedule appointments if there has been any illness or if they have been around any family, co-worker, or relative who has been ill.
- We screen patients for any travel within United States or International within the last 14 days.
- We prioritize early morning appointments for our elderly and high-risk patients to minimize contact with others.
- Upon arrival patients are walked straight into the designated room for their treatment and each operatory is separated from each other with solid walls so they can relax in privacy.
- Patients are asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer and rinse their mouth with 1% hydrogen peroxide prior to their treatments. (hydrogen peroxide is known to kill bacteria and inactivate viruses)
- We have longer appointment times for our patients so that each person gets adequate time and space during their visit to our office.
- There are no reading books, magazines or other items in the lounge area to avoid touching and cross contamination.
- Masks are available for patients if they want to wear one while waiting for their appointment.
- All chairs, doorknobs, bathroom switches, faucets and clipboards are wiped after each patient.
- Hand sanitizer is available for the administration staff and patients during the completion of their appointments and we have adequate seating so that social distancing can be practiced during this interaction. You may even see our administrative team members wear clean gloves for each patient check-out while handling paperwork.
- All operatories (treatment rooms) are disinfected and wiped down thoroughly after each visit with a special Hospital grade disinfected that is known to kill SARS and Covid19 viruses.
- All instruments are bagged and sterilized with hospital grade high heat sterilizers.
- All treatment trays are wrapped-up, sealed and sterilized after each use and only opened at the time of your appointment.
- All team members are screened prior to reporting to work daily.
We have bi-weekly team meetings to refresh training and share any updates and new information.
- We practice social distancing during work hours, meal/lunch breaks and throughout the day.
- We have individual work areas assigned to each team member to avoid cross contaminating of pens, keyboards, etc.
- We use hand sanitizer/hand washing before and after every patient and frequently during the day.
- We have created a specific checklist for our team to follow so that they arrive to work healthy and go home safely to their families.
- All personal items like purses, keys, and cell phones are stashed away in individual lockers, located downstairs so that we are not constantly touching these items.
- If an employee is sick or experiencing symptoms, they are asked to stay at home and get their doctor’s clearance before returning to work.
- Our lounge area is free of any magazines, books and other items so that there is no cross contamination.
- Our lounge chairs are at least 6 feet apart for the relatives and parents who accompany the patient.
- We still serve coffee or tea in individual China cups and saucer which is then washed right away by one of the team members.
- Cold water is served in individual water bottles that are sealed and single use only.
- Our facility is big enough so that there is no crowding at any time with the team and patients and there is a one-way flow to avoid running into each other in the hallways.
- Each patient is assigned their own room during our morning huddle and seated as soon as they arrive.
- All treatment will be delivered with additional High Vacuum suction system (ADS Extra Oral Suction System) so that all aerosol that is generated is cleared right at the sight of treatment.
- We have six available rooms for patient treatment and each room is separated by solid walls and glass windows.
- Each room and all items like clipboards, pens and mirrors etc. are thoroughly disinfected after each patient visit.
- We have separate entrance assigned for any service personnel, delivery of packages, boxes etc. to restrict crowding of the lounge area which is exclusive for the patients and any accompanying guests.
- Each morning we have a team huddle to discuss any special needs for the team and our patients who are scheduled for the day.
- Team is prepped with any immediate updates and special circumstances so that there is a smooth flow.
Block scheduling means that each patient is assigned ample amount of time for their treatment. This is to allow for the preparation of the room before the treatment and break down and thorough disinfection of the room and instruments after the treatment.
- Team meetings are held bi-weekly to discuss updates and any new information or changes.
- We use this time of coming together to discuss, challenges/wins/strategies for our continuous growth and safety in the delivery of our patient care.
- We also use this time to do CE courses to enhance our knowledge and stay current with the profession.
- A huge part of this meeting is celebrations like birthdays, anniversaries and team bonding.
- This is our time to Breathe in and Pause, to revisit our values and our commitment to our patients and each other.
If you have any questions or concerns, Dr. Rapal has made herself available directly
via phone call 408-864-7010 or email email@example.com